Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

A Little Catch Up

In late May I traveled with my grandma, dad, and mom to St. Louis to witness my sister, Bethany and brother-in-law, Andrew graduate from St. Louis University.  Bethany graduated from the Doisy College of Health Sciences with a masters degree in Occupational Therapy.  Andrew graduated from the John Cook School of Business with a Master of Business Administration.  It was great to spend some time in St. Louis with family.  I missed my boys, but came back refreshed.  Congratulations Bethany and Andrew!  We are super proud.  God has amazing things in store for you both!  Yay for no more tests and homework...ha!

"Yay Aunt Bethany and Uncle Andrew!"



We also celebrated several birthdays while in St. Louis (my mom, Andrew's mom, and Andrew).  The cake was more for the moms!  Isn't it cute?

Following my trip to St. Louis, we were invited to a last minute Memorial Day weekend trip to a houseboat on Lake Cumberland in Kentucky.  We packed up Mitch's truck to the brim with everything from bedding to swimsuits to food to sunscreen and headed down.  We spent two days and one night with several of Mitch's family members.  The boys LOVED it!  Jacob was super excited that we got to actually sleep on the houseboat.  We could have done without the truck ride down (we discovered that Jacob gets car sick...twice), but otherwise had a wonderful time!  The water was FREEZING, but the air was hot so it worked.  We jumped in several times to cool off, which didn't take long.  At first Jacob didn't want to stay in, but after a little while he was having so much fun we had to force him out when his lips were shaking.  It's always great to spend time with Mitch's family.  Thanks for the invite!!

Ryan's first boat ride!  It was in the evening and he slept the whole time, but I'm sure he enjoyed it:)

1 comment:

  1. This gave me a little of home today. I enjoyed it. Cute boys if I must say so myself. Papa

    ReplyDelete