Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Whirlwind Tour

I (Mitch) had the opportunity to travel to England for business at the beginning of March. This was my second time to make this trip, but the first one was all work and no play. This time I stayed a couple of extra days at the end of the trip to tour London with three of my coworkers. After we were done working on Friday, we took about a three hour train ride from Preston (northwest England) to London. We spent all day Saturday and Sunday on a whirlwind tour of London. "Whirlwind tour" sounds kind of random and chaotic. Our tour was far from this. As you can imagine, a trip planned by 4 engineers was very systematic. All of our destinations were mapped out and organized to optimize our time. We were tired at the end of each day, but it was worth it.

For those of you that know me well, you are probably aware that I'm not the most adventurous person when it comes to eating. Well...I got brave and tried some black pudding. Doesn't sound too bad right? It is also called blood sausage. I won't describe it here. You can google it on your own.

Here are just a few of the many pictures I took on the trip. I hope you enjoy looking at them.




Preston Train Station

Tower Bridge


Westminster Abbey

Buckingham Palace (Changing of the Guard Ceremony)

Parliament & Big Ben

Tower of London

St. Paul's Cathedral

Windsor Castle

Windsor Castle

Guard at Windsor Castle



1 comment: