Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Patience is a Virtue...

That I do not possess.  God is constantly testing me in this area and every time I fail.  Miserably.  There are several things in my life on hold right now.  Not really important what they are at the moment, but what is important is that I ran across a thought, actually more of a scriptural truth in a devotion or book (can't remember which).


Isaiah 40:30-31 "Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."


God provides times of waiting.  Now I agree with Inigo Montoya in the Princess Bride when he says, "I hate waiting" while allowing Wesley to regain his strength after climbing a very steep, tall cliff.  I want answers and things to happen right now.  But God is saying, "Wait.  Enjoy this time of peace and good health.  Eat up every moment with your husband and children.  Bask in my glory.  Rest and renew your strength.  Seek my guidance and wait."  I don't know at the moment what the outcome of this time of waiting is going to be, but after having this verse brought to my attention, I want to use this time wisely.  I'm still impatient, but maybe a little less knowing that He has a purpose in everything, even in waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment